Sunder For School Board Hosts “Back To School Kickoff” Celebration!
Join Madhavi Sunder and her team of energized campaign volunteers for its “Back to School Kickoff” celebration hosted by the Zaragoza family & Delaine Eastin, Former California Superintendent of Public Instruction, on Tuesday, September 16 at 5p.m. at the Zaragoza family’s house in East Davis. To RSVP, please visit here.
Madhavi Sunder, a law professor at UC Davis since 1999, is a candidate for the Davis School Board in November. To learn more about her campaign please visit www.sunderforschools.org
The People’s Climate Action Day
Local activists are organizing a People’s Climate Action Day in Davis Central Park, Sunday, September 21, 2014, at the Farmers Market Pavilion behind the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame from 11:30 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. Organizers are hoping for a big turn out and lots of energy!
Organizers welcome residents of Davis and surrounding communities from all walks of life to gather and share their climate concerns. Participants are asked to attend via bus, train, bike, foot, scooter, electric cart, electric car, skateboard, hybrid, or carpool and to bring their own reusable water bottles. Signs and personal demonstrations welcome.
This gathering is in solidarity with organizers touting the largest climate march in history in New York City, dubbed The People’s Climate March, the same day.
Go to peoplesclimate.org for more information about the New York action and un.org/climatechange/summit for more about the UN summit. Text 97779 subject “Disruption” to receive information and updates via smartphone.
Contact Lynne Nittler at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or to help with Climate Rally in Central Park on September 21.
Schedule for People’s Climate Action Day
DCC Fireside Rm. 11:45-1:00
• Disruption. Climate. Change.
• Electric Vehicles Show-and-tell
• Electric -assisted Bicycles Show-and-tell
Pavilion – Program 12:00-12:45
• Sacramento Raging Grannies – Singers
• Poet Laureate Andy Jones
• Councilman Robb Davis
• Climate speaker
• Sacramento Raging Grannies – Singers
Pavilion – Climate Action Now Tabling 11:30-2:30
• Cool Davis – volunteering for the Festival and signing up for Cool Homes
• Citizen’s Climate Lobby
• Yolano Climate Action with ForestEthics petition for Dept. of Transportation rule-making proposal for oil trains
• Poster making: I care about climate change because… (8 ½ x 11 posters for all ages)
• Posters for businesses: “Climate jobs: two crises/one solution” and “Crude by Rail: Our lives are on the line” Take one to a business you frequent and ask them to put it up.
DCC Fireside Rm. 1:15-3:00
• Disruption – 1:15-2:15
• The Crude Gamble of Oil by Rail: Bomb Trains by Vice News 2:15-2:45
• Live streaming of the People’s Climate March in NYC
Poppenga: Let’s Work Together to Make Positive Changes in Our Community’s Schools
Thank you for your incredible support. We are making great strides in getting the word out about my campaign. I am tremendously grateful to all of you who have shared your time, your skills, and made financial donations. We would not have come this far without your help.
However, as the election draws nearer, we need your support more than ever. We need you to get the word out about my campaign. Please consider doing one or more of the following if you haven’t done so already:
- Display a lawn sign! Click here or email me at email@example.com and a member of the team will deliver one to your home or work address. Lawn signs are a fantastic way to show your support and make the public more aware of our campaign.
- Walk a precinct. My team and I have been canvassing the neighborhoods sharing ideas and hearing the public’s views and concerns about Davis schools. We would love it if you would join us. Click here and a member of the team will contact you about your availability.
- Host a get-together in your home or neighborhood. It would be wonderful to meet your friends and neighbors in person to discuss how Davis schools can best serve our children. Click here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- It would be greatly appreciated if you would share and “Like” my campaign Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bob4schools and share our website with your friends and family http://bob4schools.org
- Donate to the campaign. Donations can be made here. All donations are welcome and are crucial to spreading the word.
Thank you again for your support! Together we can make positive changes in our community’s schools.