In the next 12 months or so, the Davis voters will engage in a large discussion over one, two, perhaps three development proposals that may well culminate in a March 2016 vote on innovation parks.
The question that the Vanguard has raised in the last few days is what is the vision of Davis for the future.
In yesterday’s article we articulated a few possibilities.
- The Grand Vision. Davis becomes part of a Transformation of our region to take its place as one of the top four regional economies in the state of California. Davis becomes a leader in Ag-Tech, Med-Tech and pushes to become the Silicon Valley of Green Technology.
- Davis takes advantage of the opportunity now to develop the proposed 200-400 acres of Innovation Park Space, 7 million square feet but cedes the bigger and more grandiose vision to elsewhere in the region.
- Davis reclaims its place as progressive leader with new sustainability and innovation features.
- Davis stays roughly the same. It votes down the innovation parks and retains its current configuration with development limited to infill.
- None of these. Present your own vision for what you want Davis to look like.
We want to hear from you which vision you share.