Join us at UCD King Law School – Feb 9: After San Bernardino

Share:

After San Bernardino:
Fighting Extremism and Profiling At the Same Time

Muslim-Profiling

SPONSORED by
the UC Davis School of Law, the Davis Vanguard, and Aoki Center for Critical Race and Nation Studies at the UC Davis School of Law

TUESDAY, February 9, 2016

Event from Noon to 1

Kalmanovitz Appellate Courtroom, Room 1001
UC Davis School of Law
400 Mrak Hall Drive

In the wake of the attacks in Paris and San Bernardino, we face a growing challenge in our communities as to how to fight radicalism while still preserving the rights of individuals from government surveillance and profiling. This diverse panel of participants will discuss this issue from the international level down to the local level.

PANEL:

Karima Bennoune: UN Rapporteur for Cultural Rights, Professor UC Davis School of Law

Gabriel “Jack” Chin: Professor UC Davis School of Law

Matt Carmichael: UC Davis Police Chief

Darren Pytel: City of Davis, Police Chief

Moderated by Madhavi Sunder, Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor , UC Davis School of Law

Share:

About The Author

David Greenwald is the founder, editor, and executive director of the Davis Vanguard. He founded the Vanguard in 2006. David Greenwald moved to Davis in 1996 to attend Graduate School at UC Davis in Political Science. He lives in South Davis with his wife Cecilia Escamilla Greenwald and three children.