By Danielle Fodor, Luis Sierra, and Raul Sierra
From Sept. 20 to 27, people from around the world will join together to strike for the climate.
Our family will join the strikes in Davis on Sept. 20 and 27.
We are striking:
• Because the climate is changing NOW, but our government and businesses are not;
• Because individual lifestyle changes are not enough — system change is needed;
• Because we want a world with clean air, water, and soil for all;
• Because it is morally wrong to cause the extinction of plants and animals that share our world;
• Because it is morally wrong to burden people living on coasts, islands, and other frontline communities with the worst effects of climate change;
• Because our cities are still built for cars, not pedestrians, cyclists, or transit;
• Because we want a viable future for our children and grandchildren.
Will you join us?
We will meet at 11:30 am on Sept 20 at the Mary L. Stevens Davis Public Library and march to Central Park, stopping at City Hall and the School District office along our way. We will also join UCD students at their strike on Sept 27. We must demand a greener future. More info at firstname.lastname@example.org.