Event Location: United States Bicycling Hall of Fame, 303 3rd Street, Davis, California 95616
Date: Tuesday, October 22nd from 6:00-8:00pm
Gather and learn about innovative work happening locally in AgTech and FoodTech at this VINE (Verde Innovation Network for Entrepreneurship) Food and Agriculture Innovations Meetups.
The agenda for this Soil to Gut edition includes:
– Introduction on The VINE by Gabe Youtsey, Chief Innovation Officer at UCANR and The VINE Co-founder
– Innovator lightning talks by Davis and Yolo innovators and academics:
– Kate Scow, Distinguished Professor of Soil Science and Microbial Ecology and Director of Russell Ranch Sustainable Agriculture Facility – Introduction on Carbon Sequestration and the Role of Soil and Farming in Combating Climate Change
– Daniela Barile of Evolve BioSystems and UC Davis – on food and gut/microbiome health
– Adrian Ferrero of BiomeMakers – on soil health and soil microbiome work
– Karl Cameron Schiller of Pheronym – on soil health and nematodes
The talks and following panel will be moderated by Deema Tamimi of Land & Ladle and The VINE.
The evening will start and end with an opportunity to network with others interested in food and agriculture innovation, sustainability, and the opportunity for our region to lead in these areas.
This event is sponsored by AgStart and Davis Food Co-op.
Register for the event at http://bit.ly/soil2gutmeetup. Tickets are free!