Join The VINE and Land & Ladle for a food waste event highlighting the innovative work happening locally and in California in AgTech and FoodTech. The VINE (Verde Innovation Network for Entrepreneurship) Food and Agriculture Innovations Meetup is on November 19 in Davis at the U.S. Bicycling Hall of Fame from 6-8 PM.
The agenda for this Food Waste: “Why Food Waste Matters for People and the Planet” edition includes:
– A Keynote on Food Waste, It’s Impact and the Potential for Innovation by Professor Edward Spang at UC Davis
– Innovator lightning talks by California food waste innovators, including:
– Meredith Roberts, Sierra Energy
– Ernst Bertone, The Freedge and Davis Night Market
– Steve Zicari, California Safe Soil
– Caroline Cotto, Renewal Mill
– Trevor Fowles, Biomilitus
The evening will start and end with an opportunity to network with others interested in food and agriculture innovation, sustainability, and the opportunity for our region to lead in these areas. The talks will be moderated by Deema Tamimi from Land & Ladle and The VINE.
Please see the attached flyer, plus the lineup of speakers and RSVP at http://bit.ly/foodwastemeetup.
This event is sponsored by Davis Food Co-op.