Davis Vanguard’s daily update from CDCR’s COVID-19 crisis
As of June 14, 2021, there have been 49,376 confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the CDCR. Of those cases, 48,459 have been resolved while 86 cases remain active in custody. There have been 224 deaths throughout CDCR facilities.
- Over the weekend, there have been 6 new active cases reported in custody. North Kern State Prison reported 2 new active cases in custody. CA Institution for Men, California Health Care Facility, Correctional Training Facility, and Mule Creek State Prison all reported 1 new active case.
- CSP Solano resolved 36 active cases. The facility still has the most active cases in custody— 38 cases.
- About 31 percent of the total incarcerated population has been tested in the last 14 days. CSP Solano has tested the highest portion of their population during this period— 74 percent.
- Out of the total incarcerated population, about 70 percent are fully vaccinated, and about 2 percent are partially vaccinated.
- North Kern State Prison has vaccinated the lowest portion of its incarcerated population— 47 percent.
- Out of the total staff population, about 50 percent are fully vaccinated, and about 3.2 percent are partially vaccinated.
- High Desert State Prison has vaccinated the lowest portion of its staff population— 24 percent.
- Since last week, the fully vaccinated incarcerated population has increased by about 0.14 percent, and the fully vaccinated staff population has increased by about 2.4 percent.
Source: The California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR) reports COVID-19 information through a daily dashboard that is accessible here – https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/population-status-tracking/.
By Aparna Komarla, Julietta Bisharyan, Nick Gardner & Alexis Hogan
Contact: Aparna Komarla (email@example.com)