This report is written by the Covid In-Custody Project — an independent journalism project that partners with the Davis Vanguard to bring reporting on the pandemic in California’s county jails and Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) to the public eye. Refer to our website to view and download the raw data.
As of Sept. 15, there are 50,539 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the CDCR system, 172 of which were reported in the past 2 weeks. 172 cases remain active in custody. There have been 240 deaths across the CDCR system thus far.
- As of Sept. 10, 2021, the tracker now includes reinfections in its COVID-19 data tracker. This has increased the total confirmed cases count by nearly 450. It has also affected the number of cases identified in the past two weeks and the cases active in custody.
- In the past two days, the total active cases count has dropped by 21. The confirmed cases count has risen by 29, due to the inclusion of reinfections.
- Overall 20 CDCR facilities out of 35 have at least one active case in custody.
- CA State Prison Solano (SOL) is in the midst of outbreak with 53 cases active in custody.
- An outbreak Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) has improved significantly, with the number of cases active in custody decreasing from 26 to 9 in the past two days.
- North Kern State Prison (NKSP) is yet to see the peak of it’s outbreak, as another 13 cases were reported in the past two days. The total active cases count has tripled since the end of last week.
- Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP) has reported a decrease of 10 cases since Monday.
- CA Rehabilitation Center (CRC) has tested the most patients in the past 14 days, 99 percent of its population.
- 74,930 patients have been fully vaccinated, a vaccination rate of 75 percent. 2,387 patients have been partially vaccinated. The staff vaccination rate remains at 55 percent, with 36,560 staff members fully vaccinated and 2,245 partially vaccinated.
Source: https://covidincustody.org/data -> Access Raw Data Files -> CDCR
By Aparna Komarla & Yasmeen Khan
Contact: Aparna Komarla (firstname.lastname@example.org)