Davis Vanguard’s daily update from CDCR’s COVID-19 crisis
As of May 5, 2021, there have been 49,225 confirmed cases of COVID-19 throughout the CDCR. Of those cases, 48,376 have been resolved while 15 cases remain active in custody. There have been 222 deaths across all CDCR institutions.
- Today, one new case was reported at California Medical Facility (CMF), Salinas Valley State Prison (SVSP) and CA State Prison, Sacramento (SAC) each.
- One active case was marked as resolved at both California Health Care Facility (CHCF) and California Correctional Institute (CCI).
- 26 institutions currently house no active cases. Wasco State Prison (WSP) leads the CDCR in active cases with four. Three other institutions house two cases.
- California Institution for Women, which saw recurring outbreaks last month, continues to lead the CDCR in testing with 96 percent of its population tested in the past 2 weeks. Avenal State Prison (ASP) comes in last with only 14 percent of its population tested in the same time period.
- 3,834 incarcerated people are currently partially vaccinated and 63,550 are fully vaccinated. The number of fully vaccinated residents has increased by over 3,000 in the last 7-days.
- 1,792 staff members are currently partially vaccinated and 26,056 are fully vaccinated. Staff vaccination only increased marginally from last week– less than 100 staff members were fully vaccinated.
- CTF’s population is the most vaccinated– 87 percent and WSP’s is the least– 38 percent.
Source: The California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation (CDCR) reports COVID-19 information through a daily dashboard that is accessible here – https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/population-status-tracking/.
By Julietta Bisharyan, Nick Gardner, Alexis Hogan & Aparna Komarla
Contact: Aparna Komarla (email@example.com)