The Yolo Conflict Resolution Center (YCRC), a Yolo County community nonprofit organization, is excited to offer a 40-hour mediation certificate training in January 2016. This is a professional certificate program for individuals who want to advance their conflict resolution and communication skills, professionals who want to be certified to advance their careers, and for community members who are considering becoming volunteer community mediators with YCRC.
The Mediation certificate training addresses all State of California’s Dispute Resolution Program’s Act of 1986 regulations for training (Article 3, Section 3622). The 40–hour training program includes lectures, discussions, communication skills exercises, and mediation process role-play. Topics and skills covered in the training program include:
• Introduction to the nature of conflict
• Differences in conflict engagement styles and preferences
• Introduction to dispute resolution
• Introduction to community mediation
• The role of the mediator in the community mediation model
• Effective communication and conflict resolution skills and techniques for the community mediator
• Ensuring safe expression of heightened emotions and disagreements
The training application, as well as volunteer information and application, are available on our website at www.yolocrc.org. Applications are due December 1, 2015.
For additional information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-564-2324.